Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hoppy Easter

I'm a couple of weeks late on this. Just forgive my sporadic blogging.

I was really quite pleased that I managed to get my kids, my husband, and myself dressed and out the door in time for 9:00 church on Easter morning. It was a bright, sunny day and I expected to see families walking to church in all their Easter finery, but there was no one on the street. Weird. Then we pulled up in the church parking lot and there was not a single car there. Not one. Cam and I looked at each other and wondered what we had missed (and why we were apparently the only ones who missed it). We figured the likelihood that church was canceled on Easter Sunday was slim, so it must be Stake Conference. Bingo.

Good news: We were an hour early for Stake Conference and we actually got a seat.

Bad news: Ben barely gets through an hour and ten minutes of Sacrament meeting without a total freak out, so the freak out clock was already down an hour by the time the meeting started.

Worse news: They were dedicating the new stake center at the end of the meeting, so there was only one session of Stake conference.

Worst news: Our Stake is way too big to get away with only one session of Stake conference.

There were chairs in every nook and cranny of the building--every class room, the foyer, lining the halls, and even the stake offices. And I have a nursing baby so don't get me started on the mother's lounge. The collective body heat was stifling. Oh, and no sooner had the meeting started than Ben started freaking out (of course). Anyway, long story short, Stake conference was a bust. We endured an hour or so before Ben starting running through the halls (lined with people) screaming and knocking over easels displaying reminders for enrichment meeting or something.

We tried. This is the best Easter picture I got with both the boys.



I took these before church, thinking I'd try again when we got home. Unfortunately, when we got home Ben was in the advanced stages of a freak out.


5 comments:

Austin's Mommy said...

Our first Sunday in Utah was Stake Conference and our chapel was not the stake center. We thought it very weird. Our Stake Conference with Austin was not so great but not as bad as yours either. Good try.

Alice said...

I'm now laughing so HARD right now. If you look at Ben's face, he looks like he knows EXACTLY what he has planned for your Easter Sunday Stake Conference! Great picture!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Regular Stake Conference is always a bear, my least favorite two Sundays of the year. My kids always get upset when they find out there is no primary.

Laura Stringham said...

they're cute, looking a little gimpy, but in a cute way.

Lynda/Mom said...

Benny-boo! I used to walk the halls with you girls and wonder what I was doing there, but being at home brought no satisfaction, and at least I was at church whether or not I got much out of it. Hang in there; in the end it will be worth it.