Saturday, April 11, 2009

Attitude

Ben seems to have developed opinions about what he wears and when he wears it. This is problematic in my mind since I'm kind of a control freak. I mean, I knew the day would come when my kid was not going to be cool with letting me dress him, but I thought I had more time.

At present he is particularly enamored with this lovely hat. I'm actually okay with this one.


The hat that is. I'm not so cool with the binky, but I'm picking my battles at the moment.

However, this wardrobe selection is another story.


Ben absolutely INSISTED on wearing his dinosaur jammies all day the other day. ALL DAY. Like, he hit the roof when I tried to change his clothes. So ultimately, he won. It was a sad day for me.


It was also a cold day so I managed to get some baby legs on him. Socks were another battle, but I managed to show him who was boss on that one.



I think on some level he knew he looked like a baby fool.



Stubborn child. I wonder where he gets that from . . .

9 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, how I remember the day when you little girls wouldn't wear what I wanted you to wear. I was just devastated since I had planned to be in charge for so much longer. So as much as I hate to say so, maybe it serves you right. It's a good thing he's so cute it doesn't really matter what he wears. And you would think boys wouldn't care so much.

Barbara said...

I'll echo that he is so cute it really doesn't matter what he wears!! Time to learn to work with the little one :).

Barbara said...

I just went back and saw your previous posts that I had not seen. This trend to hide all but the current post makes it difficult to keep up if you don't check every day or so. Your pictures of the birthday and the blessing are darling, and I'm glad to see them. Sorry I couldn't be there for the blessing. It was really fun to see you yesterday.

Julie said...

That's awesome! You know. . . these days almost anything is cool. Almost anyone can start their own trend. So way to go, Ben! Way to step outside the box and be your own man!

kennan said...

amazing. he can borrow jude's binki.....

p.s. jude will be 4 in november and i am really good mom. i totally have control.

Laura Stringham said...

that was a funny day, he spent a lot of it at my house and he was totally full attitude. it was awesome.

Katie said...

Why have I never heard of Baby Legs before?? All I know is, if anyone can sell 'em, it's Ben.

Emily Redd said...

hey Cam and Leslie, I finally discovered Daybreak. I'm sure I was like right by your house the other day. One of my good friends from high school moved out there right by the temple so we stopped in for a playdate. It only took me like 15 min. to get there. Awesome, we should get together. It looks like a fun little community. If I know your street and your address I would have stopped by just so I could get a little peek at Davie. I'm dying to see him. Cam, call me....when is a good night??? P.S. I am having the same problem with Alex choosing his outfits so you are not alone. Sometimes he goes to school in some interesting arrangements. Plus, he refuses to wear pants anymore even though it's not that warm. He thinks it's summer!

Debbie said...

That is hilarious! What a cutie! It has been a while since I have seen him. How are you guys doing? Loved the post! Debbie in Arizona