Short story: David Steven made his appearance at 11:50 a.m. He weighs 6 lbs 6 oz, is 18 in. long, and has TONS of black hair. Ben is clearly thrilled.
Longer story: We went in this morning for our scheduled induction. Good thing too, since apparently I'm not very good about being able to tell when I'm in labor. I was almost dilated to a 5 and mostly effaced. Apparently, I was uncomfortable for a reason. Go figure. We only needed a little prompting from some pitocin and some help breaking my water and we were well on our way to having a baby. Start to finish the whole thing took less than 4 hours. It was such a different experience from Ben.
We walked in the hospital this morning without a name and after looking at that dark head of hair, Cam thought it appropriate to name this little guy after his grandpas--so David Steven it is.
He's been a great eater and a good little guy during the first few hours of his life. We're totally smitten with him.


Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Little man
Posted by Leslie at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congrats Leslie and Cam! He is adorable and I love the picture of him with his mouth open appearing to howl.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is adorable. I tell you, you make it look so easy.
Why do you look so good? It's as though you took a picture of you from 9 months ago, and then photoshopped in your new baby.
Happy day! He is perfect. And I LOVE his handsome, classic name. Enjoy!
he is absolutely adorable.
congratulations you guys.. we love him!
Congratulations Leslie and Cameron! He is cute. And I think the name is a good solid choice. I also think the picture with Ben is pretty fantastic.
Congratulations! He sure is a cutie!
Glad to hear all went smoothly and quickly. Dialated to a 5 and you didn't know it...what is up with that? Cute little man.
So great! You do look a little too good for just having a baby. And 4 hours! Wow! How long were you in labor with Ben? No wonder you were so small at 9 months. He's just a little guy! Good for you.
Congratulations, Leslie. I'm so glad things went smoothly and you had a relatively easy time. Take care, and hope to see you soon. He looks so cute--like another Barron/Jackson baby.
Congrats! And Leslie, why are you looking so good? You put others of us to shame! Oh, maybe its because you went through half of your labor without knowing it! Sweet!!!
Congratulations. You do look good Leslie--just thought I'd repeat that in case you didn't get it the first 20 times :)
So Cute! Good luck in the next couple of weeks, and enjoy holding him. Two boys in a row is fun.
OK, I didn't need to wait this long to comment. I guess having been there I just approve of the way you tell the story. He just keeps getting cuter. Hang in there for the adjustment. Love you guys.
Congratulations! He is a beautiful boy! :)
Post a Comment