I figured I'd better update on Ben's condition since he was looking so pathetic last time we posted. We were afraid we were going to have to stay in the hospital through the weekend, but after lunch on Saturday we got the go ahead to go home. We were all thrilled to leave and Ben has improved so much since we've been home.
We were worried about pain control while we were in the hospital since he couldn't seem to get comfortable and we changed his med regime before leaving. The crazy thing is, after getting home he's seemed really comfortable and we've been using nothing but Tylenol for pain. Amazing.
We're going back to see the doctor for follow up tomorrow. We expect that the permanent stitches on Ben's neck will be removed then. The stitches in and around the ear will dissolve. The swelling has gone down quite a bit. His mouth is still paralyzed on the left side, although he doesn't seem to mind and he still looks cute with his crooked smile.
Mostly we're just glad to see our little boy getting back to being himself. He's been running around and playing all day today and I've almost been worried that he's going to split his stitches since he's been climbing and crashing into things. I wish I had taken a picture today to show how well he's doing.
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, visits, and presents. We have really appreciated it.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Good News
Posted by Leslie at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Yeah for good news!!! Post pictures soon because I don't want to be stuck with the image of poor little Ben in the hospital.
We need a picture of that crooked smile! So glad to hear things are healing well.
And, that Tylenol is good for something.
Glad to hear that things are going better.
I, too, am so glad Benny is doing so well since coming home. I'm sure the crooked smile will not last very long. Young children heal so fast!! Hopefully I'll see you Sunday when Laura blesses her baby.
Good news indeed. Glad all is going well.
Happy to hear he is home and getting into all sorts of nonsense!
i'm so glad he is doing better...
he is such a sweet little guy, and seriously tough one.
xoxo ben :)
so grateful to hear that he is doing better! I tried to call you guys and Alice to come see you all in the hospital but could never get a hold of anybody. You have been in my prayers. I hope that he starts doing better. We've been thinking so much of you.
Glad to hear he's doing better! That poor kid had no idea what he had comming! Sounds like he may be up for some trick or treating after all huh?
So glad he is in the comforts of home now and sounds like he is doing better. we love you Ben!
Post a Comment