We finally made it out to get pumpkins last night. We'd made one previous visit to the pumpkin patch, but Ben didn't really enjoy the experience so much. I think the skeletons and ghost pirates didn't agree with him.
Yesterday we waited for Cam to get done with work and then we went to a pumpkin patch by our house where there were just pumpkins. Ben found this to be much more agreeable.
He found a favorite pumpkin pretty quickly. We ended up getting 2 medium sized pumpkins and a small one for $6! I thought it was quite a deal.
There were also some tractors in the field for the kids to take pictures on. It was pretty cold out, but Ben was a trooper and was really mad when it was time to go.

And how cute is his coat? Thank you, Target.
We also set a date for Ben's surgery. He'll be going in next week. The doctor said he thinks he'll be in surgery for about 3 hours. Also, for those of you who have expressed concern because your kids also play in/eat dirt, this disease is extremely rare. The likelihood of your kid getting it is really minimal. In fact, our doctor emphasized how weird it was that Ben caught it. Anyway, I'll be glad to have this whole experience behind us. Hopefully Ben will be back on his feet in time to go trick-or-treating.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Pumpkin Pickin'
Posted by Cameron at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
He's so cute. Those pictures are priceless. Best of luck with the surgery. We will remember him in our prayers.
Ben couldn't be more darling in his hoody coat. I didn't know pumpkin patches had such cheap produce! I think every day about Ben and his weird disease and wonder what happened. I'll be glad when it's all behind him (and us!).
love love love the coat. that pumpkin patch is the best, and you didn't even brave the corn maze.
Very cute pictures. Looks like a fun time. Hope everything goes well with Ben's surgery - he'll be in our prayers.
As I commented before, I guess pumpkin patches are the thing to do with kids these days. Ben certainly looks like he's enjoying himself, and it sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy your pumpkins. My thoughts and prayers are also with you for his surgery.
Ben looks like he was born to be behind the wheel. Cute pictures.
What day next week is Ben's surgery? We pray that all will go well and a speedy recovery is in store for Ben.
What's cute about Ben...
* His handsome FACE
And, in no particular order, his
* His striped socks
* Coat, and
* Hip shoes
good luck with the surgery. Trick or Treating sugar will nurse him back to health again i'm sure. Fun pictures at the Pumpkin Patch. he's so cute.
Post a Comment