So...my luggage got lost by the airline (sidenote: Boston Logan is the WORST airport for loosing luggage, I know at least 2 other people who've lost stuff there, so in the words of my union friends "Shame on Boston Logan Airport, Buyer Beware" And, in general everyone should get a permanent luggage tag and don't use the little flimsy cardboard ones they give you at the airport because they rip off easily in transit). I was dumb enough to put my camera in my checked luggage this time. Based on past experience, we knew that traveling with Ben adds extra complications at the security line with strollers, diaper bags etc., so we wanted to simplify the number of things that had to be taken out, run through the x-ray, checked, unpacked re-packed etc. The crappiest part of the whole deal (besides having to spend money on socks and underwear instead of fun things) is that going back to film (via a disposable camera) really sucks because you are so limited on how many pictures you can take. I've been trying to take pictures of cool New England architecture and Leslie has been on my case to save the film to take pictures of Ben...
What this means for y'all is that you will have to wait until we get back and get the film from our Kodak fun-saver developed and converted to digital (cuz who really does prints anymore unless they are really, really good?).
But..for the two of you who are just Jonesin' for an update about the Va-cay, you can check Brooke and Dustin's blog for the latest and greatest.

4 comments:
I so hope your bag isn't forever lost. Sounds like a wonderful time other than that. I would really like to get back to Boston--I lived there a couple of years in my late 20's and enjoyed it immensely.
That sucks about the bag. How bad do you smell at this point?
That is so annoying. I'm not certain there is anything more annoying. One time when we flew, they lost Zack's car seat! Hello...I can't leave the airport without it!!! Lesson learned -- always gate check your car seats.
Glad you got your bag back!! Or did you?
Post a Comment