There was a time in my life when I was an avid reader. Unfortunately, most of the reading I've done over the last few years has been case law, statutes, and law review articles. Yuck. Now that I have some more free time (I hope) on my hands, I'd like to spend more time reading instead of seeking diversion in the form of TV or surfing the internet. What is everyone else reading (besides the Twilight books)? Anyone have some suggestions for me?
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
The Number 1 Ladies Dectective Agency, of course. Sorry you disdain my recommendations, but I'll bet you'd like them if you got started.
All But My Life by Gerta Weissman Klein is good & next on my list is These Is My Words.
Happy Reading.
Ya, like I read. These days, if I have time to read, I'd rather sleep.
What are some of your favorite books from the past? That way I can get an idea of what you like and make some recommendations. I love to talk about books :)
P.S. Try www.goodreads.com
Honestly, I think the last book I read was the Da Vinci Code. I'm always a fan of the classics though. I guess I've never thought a whole lot about what types of books I like. Growing up there were always shelves and shelves of books around the house, so I'd just pick something up and read.
Have you ever read the books by James Herriot...like "All Creatures Great and Small"? I liked them because they made me laugh and were an easy read.
Second your mom & Amy - Ladies Detective Agency and These is my Words are both entertaining, quick reads. LOVED The Good Earth. East of Eden is another favorite.
Those, and People Magazine.
How excited are you to read books just for fun??
My husband got Clarence Thomas' book "My Grandfathers Son" very interesting read. He was jealous I read it first!
I have been sucked in by Dean Koontz. His books are really fascinating and by the time I am half way through I can't put them down. My 2 cents - ok maybe only 1! :)
I loved "These is my Words" by Nancy Turner. Beware. . .you have to get through the first 40 pages and then you won't want to put it down.
I strongly suggest "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen ...excellent read! Also, Angry Housewife's Eating BonBons by Lorna Landvik. Enjoy! Pam Williams (I know, random...but I wanted to see your pix of Boston)
Post a Comment