Monday, April 14, 2008

Argh!

Ben has been out of control today. At lunch he refused to eat anything I gave him. When I tried to feed him his applesauce, he just screamed and spit. Frustrated, I left the bowl of applesauce on the table, and I never got back to picking it up.

Around 5 o'clock I decided to plop down on the couch for a few minutes and turn on the news. I listened as Ben rummaged through the kitchen cabinets, pulling out tupperware and pots. I decided I'd deal with it later. Then I noticed that things had suddenly gotten very quiet--a little too quiet. If there is one thing I have learned to be afraid of during my short stint as a parent (besides horrific accidents or illness), it is silence. So I jumped up to see what trouble he'd gotten into.

I found him on the floor by his highchair, slurping his abandoned applesauce from lunch. I have no idea how he got it off the table. I didn't hear him pull anything down, and he's certainly not that tall.

Since he was already a total mess, I decided I may as well take some pictures before we headed up for a bath. Sigh.


4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Leslie, that is the funniest thing (almost) I have heard all day. I think the kid just wants to feed himself--if he can put it in his mouth it is somehow more acceptable. I forgot to tell you when I called the deal on the sale of the building fell through over the weekend; it is back to square one. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I love this story and the pictures to match! He is priceless!
Alice

Anonymous said...

Glad you took pictures. I have one of Jenny dipping into a 5 lb can of peanut butter. It's always funnier in a year or two.

Laura Stringham said...

Ha! I just read this. Gotta love it, they can get into things that they shouldn't be able to. Lizzy pulled an entire cup of chocolate milk over on herself a while ago. It was great.