Saturday, December 29, 2007

First Haircut

Granted, Ben doesn't have much hair to start with, but what little hair he has is growing and he was starting to look at little shaggy. I've been wanting to give him a little trim for a while, but have been intimidated by cutting baby hair (or any other hair for that matter). Then last night Cam and I consulted with his cousin Amy, who has greater insight into baby haircutting. After getting some pointers, we decided to give it a go today.

First we tried the clippers, which were not well received. Ben completely freaked out as soon as we turned them on. Next, we took the scissors route, which was pretty tricky with a squirming, uncooperative little boy. Ultimately, the outcome was acceptable, although hopefully future haircuts yield better results.

We didn't really get any pictures of the haircut itself since cutting baby hair is a two-person job. But as you can see from before and after shots, Ben cleans up pretty nice.


Before: Benny is a cute, albeit shaggy little Doob.


After:


4 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

I don't know you guys, I didn't really mind him all shaggy, but he's adorable with his new doo. Now he's all cleaned up like a respectable little roo.

Svenhardicus said...

Les,
Please read Judges chapter 16 where Samson loses his great power when a woman gives him a haircut. I'm not saying that Ben is a Nazarite. Rather, you've just destroyed part of his soul. How could you?

Cameron said...

How could I? I was going to say, it was easy, but actually, it wasn't. YOU try giving a 9 month old a haircut.

Amy said...

The haircut turned out GREAT! So cute...he looks like a little boy! I'm glad you were able to manage the squirms...Zack hated the clippers the first time too, but now he doesn't mind them.