Sunday, March 2, 2008

B.Y.O.G.? W.T.H.!

Okay, I am not pregnant, nor have I been for almost a year now. But while I was pregnant I may have gotten addicted to Celebrity Baby Blog. Don't judge me. Moving along, I may still frequent said website. And while I was there, I may have noticed one of the most ridiculous products I've ever seen in my life.

The picture here is of a B.Y.O.G. (bring your own gown), which is a $95.00 maternity hospital gown (so you don't have to wear one of those "drab, used" gowns that common folk wear). The gown makers suggest buying two (how convenient for them), since apparently they tend to get soiled during delivery.

In theory, I'm all for the idea of bringing cute p.j.s to the hospital so you can pretend like you don't feel like death for pictures. But do they seriously think you're going to spend $95 on a maternity gown to deliver your baby? Anyway, all you pregnant ladies, run out and get your B.Y.O.G. Don't forget you'll be needing two.

4 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

what? you didn't want to jump right into your designer gown after you delivered?? i did, especially with my class 4 episiotomy. i know you were right there with me...

i want to take pictures of ben, so call me.. free charge of course, and it's perfect timing for his 1 year birthday. let me know if you are game.
-brooke

Laura Stringham said...

Oh Leslie, I'm TOTALLY going to stock up on hospital gowns. And at 95 bucks a pop, what have I got to lose? That is officially the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Amy W said...

Well, I think your chances of being Marketing Director for the BYOG company are officially shot.

Katie said...

This is the first time someone has found something on the internet with the word "celebrity" in it before me.

It's like my life doesn't have meaning anymore.