Saturday, May 10, 2008

Congrats Mom!


I've been a bad husband lately, especially given that Leslie's Birthday, Law-School Graduation, and Mothers day have converged in a perfect storm of events worthy of recognition all within about a 2 week period. I've tried to take her shopping, to dinner, and a number of other things to celebrate her recent accomplishments and special days and they've all been thwarted by the classic "(sigh), it's OK, we don't have to do anything...."
So since she's such a blog freak, I decided that I should at least acknowledge these things here.
So first Happy 29th babe! it always comes during finals week, so we never get to celebrate it properly. But alas that problem is now over because the second item is...
HAPPY freakin' GRADUATION!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! It's been three long years, and even if you are not excited about it, I am. You've accomplished a lot during this time and to try to do it while giving birth to and then taking care of a kid is an accomplishment in and of itself. I love you and appreciate your hard work and the sacrifices you have made for our little family.
I Love you so much, and I'm so proud of you!
Lastly, Happy mothers day! You are very busy but still find time to be such a good mom to our little roo. I know he loves you too!

If you're reading this (even if you are blerking) please leave Leslie a note of congratulations on her trifecta of things to be recognized for.
-Cameron

16 comments:

Amy W said...

Congratulations Leslie! What an accomplishment. As your former boss I am so proud to see one of my Elections Specialist become a law school graduate. As your friend, I look up to you for sticking with your goals and keeping your sanity with all the other things you have going on in your life. Way to go!

kennan said...

congrats leslie! i am amazed.

Laura Stringham said...

Hooray for Leslie. You're older, wiser AND a good mom all at once. now if it weren't for that pesky bar exam...

Lynda/Mom said...

Leslie, what a delightful tribute from Cameron. You should both be congratulated on your accomplishments. I'm one proud mom! Love ya'

Barbara said...

Leslie, I add my congratulations to everyone else. Such great accomplishments--I feel guilty that I have not done anything to commemorate your graduation from Law School. Keep up the good work, happy birthday, and happy Mother's Day!!!! I love and appreciate you and your family.

Barbara said...

Leslie, I add my congratulations to everyone else. Such great accomplishments--I feel guilty that I have not done anything to commemorate your graduation from Law School. Keep up the good work, happy birthday, and happy Mother's Day!!!! I love and appreciate you and your family.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i was sitting next to a complete stranger on our flight home tonight gushing to her with nothing but the immense pride i have in your doing this. i think the poor bystander mearly mentioned the words Law and School, and it was all down hill for her after that. I bragged all about my SIL who just graduated law school, and also in that time period gave birth to and raised an infant to toddler hood.. SOOO not an easy task. The woman couldn't get away from me quicker, however her eyes did raise a little higher when I told her about Ben and your usual schedule with him and Law school... she wasn't fooling anyone. She was impressed!!!
We are all so proud of you Les!! CONGRATS!! And I'm just coming out and sayin' in.. I hearby predict a spring/summer of 09' baby!!!! Anyone else?

Emily said...

Congrats Leslie! You really are amazing!

jared and mary 2 said...

Congratulations. I'm sure it feels good to be done with school.

senategirl said...

Leslie, you rock. Congrats!

Alice said...

Congratulations Leslie,
You have worked so hard to accomplish something that no one can take away from you. You did it!
I have said many times that being a woman is the best because she can have it all-The career, the opportunity to be a great Mom (must be a room mother and den mother!) and a great wife-all possible, but only with a great husband behind your every step-You do have it all! I'm so proud of you! Proud of you too Cam for your support of your beautiful wife!
Alice

Laura Muir said...

Congratulations Leslie!!!! That is such an awesome accomplishment! I am way happy for you. I have no idea how you managed to survive school and a baby and am blown away at your ability to handle all of that! You rock!
Love Laura Muir
p.s. thanks for comming to visit us! We had lots of fun chatting with you and your cute little baby!

Katie said...

Serious achievement, Leslie. I am impressed!! Congratulations on your JD AND (especially) on having such a darling husband. I loved this post.

Lynda/Mom said...

Leslie, how about an update? I need a report on the new house progress and is Ben walking yet?

Nicole said...

Okay first of all Congrats Leslie!!! You are seriously wonder woman! I don't know how you do it all!
Next...Cameron! get on the ball and take your amazing woman out on a date-even if she says not to worry about it! She deserves it! I am very willing to watch Ben any time. i know we seemed a little crazy when you came over to see Sam, but we are back under control! (most of the time) Besides, what is one more when you already have three???

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I love the photo! That tilted graduation cap on your little boy is priceless.