I promise I have given birth to the pickiest eater alive. This is getting concerning since he'll be a year old next month and he's going to have to start eating more big boy foods soon. Right now there are seriously like 5 things Ben willingly eats. First and foremost is bananas (yo baby yogurt is way up there too). Yesterday he ate bananas in some form for pretty much every meal (banana oatmeal, strawberry bananas . . . ). Yes, I am aware that bananas will back up a baby like nothin' else. He also had a preemptive dose of Mira Lax.
At dinner I was determined to force a well-balanced meal upon Ben - like it or not. So pasta primavera it was (in its nasty, processed baby food form - thank you Gerber). Things went the way they usually do when Ben is being fed something other than bananas (or yogurt).
First bite went down okay. He thought for a minute.
Then he decided this was not bananas (or yogurt); therefore, this was not an acceptable form of nourishment.
Then we played dodge the spoon.There was also some forcing the spoon through clenched jaws, some tears, and and a lot of spitting that was not captured by the camera. Ultimately, I admitted my defeat. I was bested by an (almost) 11 month old. So we had some more bananas.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
This day is bananas . . . B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Posted by Cameron at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish we had gotten a photo of him just flat out refusing to eat. Have fun with him. He's going to be one of those kids that will eat nothing but like pickles and white bread.
Ben wins again. Babies are the hardest when they don't want to cooperate. Good luck and hang in there; it's worth it in the end.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Zack will stick his tongue out to taste something & then if he doesn't like it (which is 95% of the time) it gets the stiff arm. His staples are applesauce, PB&J and I have now resorted to chicken nuggets. yuck. Said I would never do that, but after the millionth refusal of yummy grilled chicken, I broke down.
Post a Comment