Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well, December got away from us before I had much of a chance to blog about it. We had a busy month, but unfortunately we have little to show for it by way of pictures.

The week before Christmas we got TONS of snow. In fact, I think we probably got a good foot of snow on Christmas day. We had planned on celebrating at my parents' house in Daybreak, which is literally only a few blocks from us, but we'd gotten so much snow by the time we went to leave we couldn't get out of our driveway. Our neighbor had to help Cam push the car back into the garage and we called my dad to come pick us up in the the 4-wheel drive.

Ben is a huge fan of the snow (he didn't inherit his love from me), and his daddy took him out to run around in it for a while. This was before the big Christmas storm hit and we still only had a couple of inches. We only got one lousy picture of him with his eyes closed before the camera battery died. Oh well.


We only got a couple of Christmas day pictures too. We really are crappy photographers. Our poor children will have no documentation of their young lives. Sigh. Anyway, two big hits for Ben were his cheap stuffed Elmo (I wasn't about to shell out $60 for the fancy one) and his big boy chair from my mom and dad.


You can now find Ben on any given morning enjoying some cold cereal and viewing some Playhouse Disney from the comfort of his chair. He is his father's child.


We totally failed to get any pictures of our Christmas celebration with the Cam's family. Suffice it to say Ben got totally spoiled by Cam's parents and has plenty of new toys to show for it.

7 comments:

Julie said...

That chair is so funny!!! What a little man! I hope you are feeling better as you go into your last weeks. . . hang in there!

Laura Stringham said...

Even with his eyes closed, he's stinking cute.

Brent says to get that boy an Aaron Kennard mug.

Barbara said...

I agree with Laura--I've never seen a bad picture of Ben. What a darling "big boy" chair, and what fun for him to copy his dad.

Austin's Mommy said...

I love the chair! Austin fell in love with the $60 fancy Elmo too. Suffice it to say I didn't get it for him. Your house looks cute from what I can tell of Ben's chair picture.

Katie said...

There's a valuable lesson to be learned here -

I'm the mother who says 'Why buy the cheap Elmo when I can buy the $60 **EXPENSIVE** Elmo?' (This is not to say I can actually afford the $60 expensive Elmo.)

Here's to being more like Leslie in '09.

Lynda/Mom said...

Funny--I so clearly remember commenting on this post, and yet there is no comment from me. It was nice to talk to you this evening, and I did enjoy your post and pictures.

Lynda/Mom said...

Funny--I so clearly remember commenting on this post, and yet there is no comment from me. It was nice to talk to you this evening, and I did enjoy your post and pictures.