In the early summer daybreak releases thousands of ladybugs to help keep the gardens pretty and they invite the kids to come "help." Since the party was taking place right by our house, Cam and I decided to mosey over with Ben tonight so he could watch. There was actually quite a turnout.
They open the bags of lady bugs and let kids take them and set them into garden plots and onto the ground. Of course Ben is way too little to really get the concept, but Cam picked up a couple of lady bugs so Ben could enjoy them. They're tricky little bugs, but we finally got one of them into Ben's pudgy little palm and Ben promptly popped it into his mouth. Cam and I swatted his hand away and I think the little lady bug probably survived the experience, but it very nearly became a snack for Ben. Maybe we'll try again next year.
Here's our dirty, tired, ladybug-eating little guy.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Ladybugs
Posted by Cameron at 8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Two posts in quick succession!! I can't believe you posted while I reading and snooping from your links. And I hope the little bug survived. Way to go, Benny!
oh, ben what a cutie! We should plan a rendezvous at Bear Lake together. That would be fun to get away. Let's do it! We need to have a fun weekend up there without all the "adults." if you know what I mean.
Who knew that ladybugs would be such a draw? I don't understand Ben. Stick a green bean in front of him and he'll chuck it faster than you can say "Bob's your uncle" but cat food and ladybugs, that's fine dining.
True story - The same weekend Ben was frolicking through the grass with ladybugs, we were ordered to stay indoors because of multiple BLACK BEAR sightings across the street.
I think it's time to start planning our move to Daybreak.
So I was logged in with the wrong account when I posted that. In case you have a friend name Santa Barbara, and was concerned for her safety.
Post a Comment